ALTEAINVEST offers legal services covering most of the needs of foreign nationals looking to buy a property or invest in Spain. We specialise in real estate and planning law, tax law, contracting and corporate law.
Our main goal is to help you in the process of buying or selling your property in Spain, setting up a company, making your will or planning your inheritance or your fiscal and tax obligations.
We will take care of all your legal and administrative needs in relation to the real estate sector so that you can be free of any of the problems that lack of knowledge of the law or the customs of the country may cause.
After more than 40 years of experience in the Altea real estate market, we are very knowledgeable about the area where we live and operate and we have a vast network of valued professional and institutional contacts. You don’t have use the lawyer or conveyancer your estate agent suggests, probably with much less experience than ours. In addition to the risk that the recommended lawyer will defend the agent’s interests rather than yours, they’ll most likely have some kind of commercial arrangement in place which could end up costing you more.
At ALTEAINVEST we do not charge per hour or for answering a telephone call, sending a message or writing an email. Neither do we charge for attending meetings away from our office, or for visiting Town Halls, Property Registries or other local public offices. And we will not charge you for dropping by our office in Altea, sitting down with us to tell us about your case and ask for an estímate of the services you require. Our fees are clearly determined before you hire our services. We are not driven by how long it takes but by the end results.
Our chairman and in-house lawyer, Carlos Barreras, obtained his Degree in Law from the University of Santiago de Compostela and specialised in Real Estate and Urban Law. He also graduated as a Real Estate Expert in Valuation (University of Valencia, 1985), and among others, he holds several qualifications such as Urban Law (Planning, 1980; Urban Management and Discipline, 1982) and a diploma in Real Estate Valuations (University of Alicante, 1991).
Carlos has more than 40 years of experience as a lawyer and is a practicing member of the Bar Association of Alicante. He has taken part in more than 3.500 successful sales or purchase operations in the Costa Blanca, including 2.000 acting as a real estate agent.
ALTEAINVEST Legal Expertise
- Real estate conveyancing: sales and purchases
- Procedures in Notaries and Property Registry
- Drawing up or reviewing contracts: deposit, purchase, option to buy, construction or lease
- Claims against developers and building companies for delays or other breaches of contract
- Claims against insurance companies
- Taxation advise for non-residents
- Payment of local taxes and charges
- Comprehensive advice for real estate development
- Legal assistance for self-build villas
- Applying for building licenses
- Legalisation of building works
- Division and segregation of plots
- Representation before communities of property owners and attendance at meetings
Inheritances and Estate Planning
- Probate services
- Gifts & donations
- Lifetime usufructs and pensions
- Obtaining death and last will certificates
- Prenuptial agreements
- Incorporation of Spanish companies
- Capital increases
- Drafting of Memorandums and Articles of Asociation
- Obtaining a NIE
- Preparation of Powers of attorney
- Complaints against utility companies
- Lifetime usufructs and pensions
If the service that you require is not in this list please feel free to ask us. We might also be able to help you or recommend another colleague in that field of expertise.